Archery Beginner Classes and Team registration is now open. Archery will be offered after school on Wednesdays, starting January 10th. The SELCRA coaches will come to our school for the training and will provide all necessary equipment.
- Registrations are directly through the SELCRA website. Click on “Youth” and search for “W-6361.9 – LCA Archery – Beginning”. You may pay online with a credit card. Sibling discount is $10.
- Registrations for Beginner Sessions are open and will be accepted until the Monday prior to class Starting in January.
- Minimum students per class is 8.
- For LCA Archery Team registration, deadline is 3/1/2017.
- Download the flyer for more information.
- It is required that a parent (or pre-arranged parent/guardian) be present to provide child care for the younger and/or non-participating siblings.
- The SELCRA coaches cannot provide child care for non-participating students.
- Non-participating siblings will be asked to wait outside (in the hallway) rather than in the multipurpose room, in order to minimize distractions for the athletes and coaches.
- Please plan accordingly by having an adult supervisor present, if you are not able to be there.
SELCRA (Southeastern Livingston County Recreation Authority) is partnering with the Livingston Classical Academy to offer students the opportunity to learn & compete in the great sport of Archery. Students will discover the sport of archery through instruction and games. Instructors are USA Archery Level II instructors. This program will be taught after school inside the academy’s multipurpose room. Two sessions will be offered:
- Beginning Archery: These 4-week classes will cover safety, the basics of shooting, proper technique, and both disciplines in long bow (recurve) and compound archery. These classes will allow students to understand archery prior to entering target archery competition. These will take place in January and February on a month to month basis. Archery equipment will be provided (students are allowed to use their own equipment). $55 per student.
- Livingston Classical Academy Archery Team: Coming in March! LCA & SELCRA Archery Club have partnered up to develop an Archery Team for 3rd – 12th grade students. Everyone who registers (beginner – advanced) will be accepted on the team and team members will be representing the academy. All necessary equipment, coaching by USA Level 1 and 2 instructors, tournament fees, and team shirt will be provided (students are allowed to use their own equipment). 3rd – 4th grade archers will practice and compete against other area teams. All students will have 10 practices and a final tournament on May 24 at Riley Archery Range in Farmington Hills. 5th – 12th grade archers will practice on Wednesdays, will be split into different divisions based on grade level, and will compete against other local teams. All students will have 10 practices and compete against other Michigan schools at a state tournament in southeast Michigan on May 19 (location TBD).
- All practices take place at the Livingston Classical Academy, right after school (initially 4-5:30, then 4-6 during the competition season March-May).
- March 6th—May 15th. Includes an Academy Team polo & Tournament fee. Fee: $135.00 (Final cost TBD- depends on number of students registered).
- Deadline to register: 3/1/18 (Limited space—Team could fill-up).